We sure love our Cuisinart products ’round here
Next one up’s the DLC-10S Pro Classic food processor.
Now, I know what you might be thinking:
I really don’t need another appliance…
I don’t need a food processor…
I’ve got a blender…
The food processor is one of those appliances that you don’t think you need but could have easily used for many, many recipes already. In fact, those who do end up getting one don’t regret the purchase.
I’ve used this Cuisinart food processor to make hummus, [tomatillo] salsa, pasta sauce (from scratch with tomatoes from my garden), peanut butter and other nut butters, dips… I’ve even bought cheese in bulk from a local farm and made my own shredded cheese. Chopping up tomatoes, onions, and garlic for a soup base has never been easier.
I’ve used this thing so many times it gets the honor to stay on top of my counter. Very few appliances get this prestigious distinction!
The things I love about this food processor are:
- 7-cup capacity – My old processor was just 4 cups and, since I tend to make food in bulk, it was a real hassle having to do 2 separate batches.
- The blade, dough blade, slicing and shredding discs are stainless steel.
- Not having to chop the food beforehand has been a total timesaver since the feeding tube is large.
- 5-year warranty on the motor and 3 years on the entire unit.
- I may not be the best cook and my repertoire of recipes is limited, but this food processor has helped me to produce some of the best meals my family and I have had the privilege to grub on!
I recently started the venture of making my own breads… and while I can’t say I’ve been particularly successful in producing a loaf that doesn’t feel like a brick, I can say that this food processor made the dough-kneading process so much easier! I’m certain the machine is not to blame here… I think I may be killing the yeast or something!
We’re giving one away… in the hopes you’ll be as inspired in the kitchen as I’ve been using this nifty appliance. Contest is open to residents of the US only.